Welcome to my BLOG ~ where you will find displays of my most recent work, upcoming events and competitions and studio news. For more detailed information, please visit my website at http://www.whitewishphotography.com.au/




Friday, November 7, 2008

My beautiful Uncle x

Usually the Blog is a happy place, but sadly, the reality of life is not always cheery. On Thursday my beautiful Uncle Noel lost his life after a morning surf on the Gold Coast. He is already terribly missed by so many. I wanted to share with you a gorgeous poem written by his family...


With a heavy heart we say goodbye

To a beautiful man and a wonderful life

Those big strong shoulders that carried so much

Your lovely hands so warm to touch

Your smile and laughter rings in our ears

What we would give to have you here

Your life cut short we cannot believe

That you are gone,

our pillar of strength

But to have lost you while skiing a wave

On a break at Currumbin, still so brave

Makes your passing a little easier to bear

With sand in your toes and salt in your hair

May you now rest in peace on the waves above

and know you will always have our love

We love you and miss you so much already...
.....Your loving wife Loris and family



Such a tragic loss of a truly gorgeous man. Sending loads of love to my beautiful Nan, my gorgeous Dad and all of our beautiful family in Melbourne x o x o

Miss ya Uncle Noely! xxxx



..... that is Noel on the right with the cap and my Dad on the left.

2 comments:

racheal said...

to jemma and all your family that are grieving, life is not so easy sometimes but I hope that you can find comfort in the beautiful memories that you hold in your heart of him and know that he is in gods safe hands! My thoughts and prayers are with you jem hug hug
rachx

Anonymous said...

Jemma, the poem and picture are just beautiful.
Noel will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
Leigh X